- News & Press
- NCPA Contract Information
NCPA Contract Information
July 21, 2017
DARRAN is pleased to have a contract with NCPA (National Cooperative Purchasing Alliance). Our contract (07-23) is valid through 10/31/2018. For information regarding our Contract with NCPA please visit our page: http://www.darran.com/ncpa NCPA's Process NCPA works with a lead public agency, who competitively solicits master contracts. Contracts are based on quality, performance, and most importantly pricing. These contracts are established using the following process:
• The Lead Agency issues a competitive solicitation for a product or service on behalf of NCPA and all public agencies.
• The solicitation is advertised nationally for a minimum of 30 days. You can view our current solicitations on our website.
• The solicitation contains language that allows the contract to be accessible nationally to public agencies in states whose laws allow for intergovernmental contract use (also known as "piggybacking" or "adopting")
• Vendors respond to the solicitation with sealed responses that are recorded and publicly opened.
• The Lead Agency evaluates the responses based on "Identified Evaluation Criteria" and awards contracts. Who Can Use NCPA's Contracts There are over 90,000 agencies nationwide from both the public and nonprofit sectors that are eligible to utilize NCPA's cooperative purchasing contracts. These include, but are not limited to the following agency types:
• School Districts (including K-12, Charter schools, and Private K-12)
• Higher Education (including Universities, Community Colleges, Private Colleges, and Technical / Vocational Schools)
• Cities, Counties, and any Local Government
• State Agencies
• Healthcare Organizations
• Nonprofit Corporations For more information regarding NCPA you can visit their page here: http://www.ncpa.us/Home